Reset and restart Polycom phones via keypad
If necessary, to reboot or restore a Polycom IP phone to factory configurations, you can use a multiple key combination on the phone without accessing the web configuration. Below we indicate the operations to be carried out:
This procedure restarts the phone and if there is a provisioning server with new firmware and / or configurations, the phone will attempt to download them. It is not required to enter a password.
- IP6060 Phone: Press the Volume-, Volume +, Hold, Speakerphone keys at the same time
- IP6310 / 6410 telephones: press keys 0, 1, 3 at the same time
- IP6500 telephone: press keys 0, 1, 3 at the same time
- IP5000 Soundstation: Press the *, #, Volume-, Volume + keys simultaneously
RESET TO FACTORY SETTINGS
This procedure restores the phone to factory settings, clears flash memory parameters, removes log files, user data and cached data. You need to turn the phone off and on again and press the keys indicated during the Update / BootROM countdown process, until a prompt appears for entering the administrator password. This procedure will also reset the password to the default value (456).
- IP6060 telephone: press and hold keys 1, 3, 5, 7 at the same time
- IP6310 / 6410 telephones: press and hold keys 1, 3, 5 at the same time.
- IP6500 telephone: press and hold keys 1, 3, 5 at the same time
- IP5000 Soundstation: Simultaneously press and hold keys 1, 3, 5, 7
Note: if you do not remember the administrator password, you can follow the article for resetting the knowledge base password.